The Advent wreath is an important part counting down the days to Christmas. This free activity lays out step-by-step instructions for making evergreen branches, three purple candles, one rose candle and one large white candle.
Children look forward to lighting and blowing out the candles each night at dinner:
- A purple candle is lit the whole first week.
- Two purple candles are lit the second week.
- The two purple and one rose candle are lit the third week.
- All four are lit the final week.
- The large white candle is lit on Christmas Day.
With this special do-it-yourself paper craft, your children can make their own Advent wreath and “light” the candles to count down the weeks until Christ’s birth.
Get your free Advent Wreath today!