You can save and strengthen Canadian marriages!
Every day we hear from couples struggling in their marriage and needing help to improve their situation. Some are considering or pursuing divorce, others are surprised to find themselves in a relationship that feels more like living with a roommate than a marriage partner.
These couples need to know there is hope for their marriage!
Last year, we launched a new initiative called Saving Marriages | Restoring Hope. One key aspect of this initiative was to bring Hope Restored, a proven marriage-saving program that changes lives, restores relationships and ultimately saves marriages, to Canada.
Since its launch last year, we have had 30 marriage intensives that have provided 65 couples with focused counselling from our trained, Christian, marriage therapists. Over the course of several days, couples receive 20 to 32 hours of counselling to help them unpack the challenges that have built up over the years and get to the root of the problem. During that process, couples also learn new communication and conflict resolution skills that they then start practicing in this safe environment.
But we’re just getting started and Hope Restored is only one part of a much larger strategy to help marriages and families. Would you make a donation today so more can be done?
In addition to providing immediate help to couples facing a crisis, we also want to be proactive and prevent marriages from breaking down. We want to prevent families from experiencing the pain and emotional scars that comes from family breakdown – for the sake of the husbands and wives, the children and grandchildren, and the community around them that are all affected when a marriage starts to crumble.
With your support, our current marriage ministry will be expanded to include the proven principles of Hope Restored so they can be shared with as many couples as possible through:
- Brand new Marriage Enrichment Retreats, equipping up to 25 couples at a time through an interactive format with our marriage therapists;
- Marriage Enrichment Conferences held at local churches across the country, teaching more than 200 couples at a time;
- A new online marriage assessment tool, allowing couples to understand the strength of 12 essential traits in their marriage and pointing them to resources that can improve their marriage;
- Radio broadcasts, magazine articles, and easy-to-access online content that provide practical tools to help couples improve their marriage and navigate challenges;
- Our in-house team that provides a complimentary phone counselling session to individuals needing help with their marriage.
Your partnership today will not only enable us to expand the impact of the Hope Restored intensives but it will allow us to take these same proven communication and conflict resolution tools to couples all across the country to help them before they reach a crisis.
You can help Canadian couples at every stage of married life!
Your gift today will not only restore hope to struggling couples, but it will also provide preventative tools and resources to couples so they can strengthen their marriage and avoid finding themselves in a crisis.
Plus, a friend of the ministry who is also passionate about saving and strengthening marriages in Canada has generously offered to match any gift given to this campaign – up to $100,000!
I want to make a marriage-saving donation today!