Since 1983, Focus on the Family has offered help and encouragement to millions of families as they build their lives on the foundation of Jesus Christ. Consistently named one of the Best Christian Workplaces in Canada, we work hard to respond to the many real issues families face today by providing sound and practical guidance based on Christian principles. Our vision is to see every family transformed by love, vibrant in faith and enduring in hope. Learn more at www.focusonthefamily.ca.
About the Position
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Head of Integrated Marketing to lead our Marketing team, help develop our content marketing and communication plans and oversee the implementation of those plans, raise awareness about Focus on the Family Canada and increase engagement with the families we serve. This role requires proven success in marketing campaign development and execution, knowledge of reaching audiences in the digital space and experience in building and leading high functioning marketing teams. The position is based out of our head office in Langley, BC, and is eligible for full health and dental benefits.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work with management to determine marketing priorities, objectives and desired outcomes for the ministry. Ensure the priorities of the ministry are carried out through your teams, in order of their priority. Adjust and allocate resources accordingly.
- Identify, develop and execute all marketing initiatives for Focus on the Family Canada.
- Provide leadership and direction to the marketing, creative, product and events staff.
- Model a Christlike attitude in leadership and interactions with other departments.
Marketing Campaign Development and Implementation
- With your team and other internal departments, develop specific marketing campaign plans for the activities and programs the ministry offers. This includes defining the objectives and goals of each campaign, developing a strategy for each marketing channel, identifying the necessary marketing pieces that will be required, and determining the campaign brand and creative collateral while adhering to Focus on the Family Canada brand standards. Integrate all ministry/initiative plans into a detailed annual promotional plan.
- Coordinate all marketing and promotional plans through the appropriate departments and ensure they are executed accordingly.
- For every initiative, search out opportunities from all potential marketing channels, identifying the best channels and strategy for that specific initiative to maximize response and engagement, while adhering to specific budgets and timelines.Bring ecommerce specialization, increasing revenue and the number of households purchasing resources to help their families.
Content Marketing and Communication Strategy
- With the Senior Vice President, develop the overall Focus on the Family Canada communication strategy. This will involve input from internal stakeholders across the organization. Oversee the implementation of this strategy and how it is executed in our constituent relationship management processes.
- Develop the strategy to drive engagement with the content of Focus Canada and oversee its implementation. The primary focus will be on expanding digital and social engagement but will also include channels such as print and radio.
- Help determine which types of content (format, theme, topics, etc.) are resonating with constituents (both in acquisition of new and engagement with current) and proactively bring this information to the broader leadership team to help guide the overall content development strategy.
- Drive and leverage channels and tools like SEO, Google Ads, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn Ads, Social promotion, Hubspot marketing automation, Google Analytics and more
Marketing Management, Measurement and Reporting
- Lead the strategy, planning and optimization of marketing and funnel workflows including engagement, cultivation, content planning, conversion tracking and optimization, with a priority placed on digital marketing.
- Ensure campaign progress, lead generation, and digital engagement across websites and strategies are measured, tracked, and reported on.
- Continuously optimize marketing campaign elements to ensure campaigns are driving desired outcomes and reaching established goals.
- Implement strategies to drive conversion optimization and conduct experiments with your team to contribute to a learning culture.
- Oversee the creation of all budgets for the Integrated Marketing department and ensure they are well managed throughout the year.
Brand and Creative
- Maintain the ministry’s visual brand and messaging across the organization. Leveraging a legacy brand (35+ years), bring a continued freshness to our marketing efforts and meaningfully translate it to evolving user-platforms.
You thrive in a work environment that can be fast-paced with multiple, and often conflicting, deadlines. You love marketing and love to learn. You have proven experience in digital content marketing and are interested in continuing to grow and test your skills in this area. You want to use your marketing skill set to help families grow stronger, encourage couples to deepen their love and faith, ensure children are raised to love the Lord, and provide practical guidance to those who are in desperate need of hope.
For primary consideration you must bring the following to this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or relevant field.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in digital marketing and marketing management or advertising.
- Proven consumer-oriented marketing campaign development and success.
- Proven success in building or maintaining a brand, channel management, and customer acquisition and retention.
- Strong management skills and previous experience leading a large and diverse team.
- An understanding of how to bring programs and initiatives to market within a Christian context.
- In-depth knowledge of various marketing best practices and up to date on the latest trends and technologies in marketing.
- Highly creative with excellent analytical abilities.
- Willing and able to work as part of a team, capable of drawing on the strengths and resources of team members and the organization.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with CRM systems like NetSuite and HubSpot preferred.
- Previous work experience at a marketing or promotional agency considered an asset.
If you’re looking for a place where you can experience a strong sense of belonging and make a positive difference to our well-established, mission-driven charity, this may be the opportunity for you. Focus on the Family Canada offers competitive compensation and benefits, and a supportive, friendly, Christian work environment. This important role requires an individual who maintains a consistent witness for Jesus Christ and a courteous, Christlike attitude by adhering to our Christian Foundations and Standards.
To be considered, you MUST submit your resume and a cover letter that answers the following questions:
- Why you want to work at a Christian charitable organization like Focus on the Family Canada
- A description of a campaign that you are most proud of, What did you do? How did you do it. What were the results.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume below or by email to email@example.com quoting posting # IM001-2022.
Please note that only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.