Location: Ontario & Eastern Canada - Remote
Employment status: Full-time
Position open until: Open until filled
Reporting to: Senior Vice President
Start date: Fall 2022
Since 1983, Focus on the Family has offered help and encouragement to millions of families as they build their lives on the foundation of Jesus Christ. Consistently named one of the Best Christian Workplaces in Canada, we work hard to respond to the many real issues families face today by providing sound and practical guidance based on Christian principles. Our vision is to see every family transformed by love, vibrant in faith and enduring in hope. Learn more at www.focusonthefamily.ca
Do you have a passion for the family? Has Focus on the Family Canada made an impact in your own life? We are looking for an experienced Christian fundraising professional that resides in Ontario who is engaging, an energetic self-starter, and relates well to others with sincerity and compassion. You would be responsible for effectively sharing the work and impact of Focus on the Family Canada to current and potential major donors in Ontario and Eastern Canada for the purpose of raising funds, expressing gratitude and demonstrating the impact of our work.
• Establishing and building strong relationships with qualified donors in Ontario (primarily) and Eastern Canada through face-to-face meetings, phone calls and written communication. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, maintain a home office and travel out of town at least 30 per cent of the time.
• Equipping donors with a comprehensive understanding of Focus on the Family Canada through communication, resources, participation in ministry activities, as well as organizing and hosting, with the President, information sessions/luncheons for potential major donors
• Supporting the President in the execution of the organization’s mission, vision and values through the development of key donors.
• Identifying and initiating contact with potential major donors and integrating them into a financial partnership with Focus on the Family Canada.
• Providing appropriate donor recognition for all major gifts received.
• Assisting donors with any family-related help they may need from Focus on the Family Canada, and responding in a timely manner to requests from the donor.
• Providing regular reports on progress, budgets, receipts and expenditures related to activities managed.
• Participating in team meetings and organization wide meetings. (Weekly conference calls; 3-4 meetings per year at the Langley, British Columbia head office.)
As the ideal candidate, you reside in Ontario, you have significant experience in fundraising or “soft-touch” sales. Experience in public relations, communications, marketing or one-on-one ministry would be considered an asset. Five years of experience in a non-profit organization would be preferred. You have a post-secondary degree in fundraising, marketing, communications or business (as an equivalent, at least ten years of relevant experience would be considered.). Knowledge of Focus on the Family Canada’s mission, vision and work would be a definite asset. A passion for family ministry is a must. Proven excellence in customer relations is required, along with an ongoing personal commitment to learning. CFRE designation would be considered an asset. Ownership of and willingness to use your own vehicle for business travel is required.
Success in this position is dependent upon strong oral and written communication skills. Experience using MS Outlook, Word and Excel is required. The ability to be self-directed, self-motivated and work independently on a daily basis is essential. This position requires a strong ability to deliver on goals and responsibilities. Above all, you must be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, and maintain a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people and adhere to our Christian Foundations and Standards.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume below or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.