Since 1983, Focus on the Family Canada has offered help and encouragement to millions of families as they build their lives on the foundation of Jesus Christ. Consistently named one of the Best Christian Workplaces in Canada, we work hard to respond to the many real issues families face today by providing sound and practical guidance based on Christian principles. Our vision is to see every family transformed by love, vibrant in faith and enduring in hope. Learn more at www.FocusOnTheFamily.ca
About the Position
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Director of Donor Relations to join our Donor Relations team who will manage the stewardship and growth of our donor programs, other than major gifts. This role also includes oversight of the Donor Relations team as well as our Constituent Response team. The role requires experience in fundraising and donor development, including experience overseeing and managing campaigns, developing long-term strategy and creating communication plans that inspires our donors. The position is based out of our head office in Langley, BC, and is eligible for full health and dental benefits.
- Develop a multi-year donor relations strategy, an annual donor relations plan and the associated budgets.
- With the Donor Relations team develop new, engaging ways to connect and communicate with our current donors and to acquire new supporters.
- Determine the overall fundraising campaign strategies and goals for each campaign.
- Ensure we are retaining our current donors and regaining our lapsed donors. This could involve fundraising campaigns, recognition initiatives, events, online initiatives, etc.
- Work with the Manager of Donor Relations to oversee and improve our donor recognition activities including receipting, thank-you letters and calls, etc.
- Develop plans to upgrade our donors. This includes working closely with the Donor Relations Co-ordinator as it relates to mid-level donors.
- Work with the Donor Relations team to develop and implement our Planned Giving and Monthly Partner strategies.
- Oversee the creation of donor communication initiatives (includes direct mail fundraising letters, donor newsletters, donor recognition projects, donor emails, online donor-related content, etc.). Work with internal teams to see these pieces completed from start to finish.
- Foster an environment that strives for excellent customer service and excellent constituent experience in every customer interaction.
- Recommend and implement procedural changes that would maximize organizational efficiencies without sacrificing customer service. Liaise with other departments to solve any problems that would prevent this from happening.
- With the Manager of Constituent Response develop an on-going training / education plan for the team to ensure they have the knowledge they need to deal with constituents well.
You thrive in a work environment that can be fast-paced with multiple, and often conflicting, deadlines. You love fundraising, connecting with people and learning new things. You have experience in fundraising and are interested in continuing to grow and test your skills in this area. You want to use your fundraising skill set to help families grow stronger, encourage couples to deepen their love and faith, ensure children are raised to love the Lord, and provide practical guidance to those who are in desperate need of hope.
For primary consideration you must bring the following to this role:
- Post secondary education or professional training in non-profit management, fundraising, communication, marketing, or a related discipline.
- 7+ years of experience in related position with experience in donor relations, fundraising, direct mail, marketing, project management, business communications or similar.
- An excellent command of the English language and superior writing and oral communication skills, with the ability to craft the right message for the right audience.
- Experience in managing a multi-channel organizational plan.
- Skilled in analysis, problem solving, looking for trends in data.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- An ability to work cross-functionally for which the incumbent will not necessarily directly manage all of the resources through deadline-driven projects.
- Advanced skills with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; proficient with Windows and internet browsing application. Familiarity with a CRM database and/or SQL reporting services would be considered an asset.
- Capable of drawing on the strengths and resources of team members and the organization.
- A dedication to learning about proven donor relations principles, fundraising techniques and accepted marketing principles.
If you’re looking for a place where you can experience a strong sense of belonging and make a positive difference to our well-established, mission-driven charity, this may be the opportunity for you. Focus on the Family Canada offers competitive compensation and benefits, and a supportive, friendly, Christian work environment. This important role requires an individual who maintains a consistent witness for Jesus Christ and a courteous, Christlike attitude by adhering to our Christian Foundations and Standards.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume below or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.