Since 1983, Focus on the Family Canada has offered help and encouragement to millions of families as they build their lives on the foundation of Jesus Christ. Consistently named one of the Best Christian Workplaces in Canada, we work hard to respond to the many real issues families face today by providing sound and practical guidance based on Christian principles. Our vision is to see every family transformed by love, vibrant in faith and enduring in hope. Learn more at www.FocusOnTheFamily.ca
About the Position
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Constituent Services Representative to join our Constituent Response team who will provide our constituents with outstanding customer service as they contact the ministry for a variety of reasons, including placing orders, making donations and requesting prayer, whether by phone, mail, chat or email. The role requires the ability to be detail oriented, organized, have a pleasant and engaging personality, and the ability to maintain confidentiality. The position is based out of our head office in Langley, BC, and is eligible for full health and dental benefits.
- Field a variety of inbound and outbound customer service phone calls which could involve solving an order or donation problem, providing information, updating an account, recording a caller’s prayer request or praying with a caller.
- Covering reception when needed, providing face-to-face service – such as processing donations, product sales, returns and exchanges – for customers, guests and employees.
- Completing an assortment of highly detailed data entry and administrative tasks.
- Make outbound calls for donor thank you campaigns.
- Calling new constituents and welcoming them to Focus on the Family Canada, providing them with information about the organization.
- Record prayer requests from donors and constituents and pray with them as needed.
Customer Service and Data Processing:
- Consistently update the database with new or updated constituent account information.
- Represent the ministry with excellence and compassion by treating each constituent with respect and understanding.
- Identify needs and assist the constituent in connecting to ministries within Focus on the Family Canada.
- Responding to live chat interactions for our online store.
You thrive in a fast-paced work environment, love customer service and helping people find the resources they’re looking for. You have experience in customer service, call centre experience would be an asset. You want to use your skill set to help families grow stronger, encourage couples to deepen their love and faith, ensure children are raised to love the Lord, and provide practical guidance to those who are in desperate need of hope.
For primary consideration you must bring the following to this role:
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent, some post-secondary education would be an asset
- 2-5 years of customer service experience
- Exceptional task management and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and a desire to serve
- An aptitude for learning new software with the ability to type at a reasonable speed (about 40+ wpm)
- Comfortable talking on the phone for extended periods of time and praying with others over the phone, as needed
- Self-motivated with a willingness to be held accountable to weekly targets
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to take direction and to work independently and as part of a team
- Pleasant and engaging personality
If you’re looking for a place where you can experience a strong sense of belonging and make a positive difference to our well-established, mission-driven charity, this may be the opportunity for you. Focus on the Family Canada offers competitive compensation and benefits, and a supportive, friendly, Christian work environment. This important role requires an individual who maintains a consistent witness for Jesus Christ and a courteous, Christlike attitude by adhering to our Christian Foundations and Standards.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume below or at FocusOnTheFamily.ca/Employment or by email to email@example.com.
Please note that only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.